Saturday, September 11, 2010

Energy Tapping - The Stress Eraser!

“The Stress Eraser”

You have it right at your fingertips!

A great explanation for children “Think of it this way; the pencils are your fingers and the erasers are your fingertips; while we tap on certain points on the face and upper body (eyebrow point, under nose, collarbone and under arm to name a few) we actually erase the anger/nervousness/sadness etc.. we have at the time. How cool is that!”

Now let me try to explain it to the grown-ups! “Energy tapping involves stating the issue/problem/negative emotion, along with a positive statement about oneself and tapping on 10 – 14 meridian points on the upper body, face and hand while staying focused on the issue. It is as easy as it sounds.”

Remember the best way to get your children to develop the habit of tapping is to do it yourself; be the change you wish to see in your children! Take the time (2 minutes) every morning or evening (or both) to stop and tap with your child. Call it S.A.T. (Stop-And-Tap) and do it before or after they brush their teeth. Developing this habit will help balance out energy patterns and get rid of any “negative” feelings or emotions you or your child may be feeling (could be a dream or recent incident has triggered a negative disruption) why not clear it before it has a chance to grow!

The biggest deterrent I find people have to tapping is they feel like they don’t know what to say. For beginning a morning or evening routine try something as simple as the statements below. (you can replace the ‘kid’ with person/parent etc..)

Morning “Even though I’m really tired this morning, I’m a great kid and I’m going to have an awesome day!”

Evening “Even though I had a yuckie day (state why if you can), I’m a great kid and Love me for who I am”

You don’t have to state a negative if there isn’t one, but it’s still a good idea to tap , it will help with any obstacles or issues that may come up and it’s easier to develop a habit (remember they say it takes 21 days to develop a healthy habit!). Try these below as maintenence!

Morning “I’m in a good mood and am a great kid and am having an awesome day!”

Evening “I had an amazing day today and accept me for who I am, just the way I am!”

So don’t forget your daily S.A.T. and get ready to eradicate those negative blahs with your fingertip erasers!


GO here to see a kid-friendly picture of the tapping points
GO here to purchase ebook Tapping Away the Blues (for children up to the age of 12 & their parents)

No comments:

Post a Comment